Welcome back! To stay up to date with the outdoor movie industry please subscribe to the Open Air Cinema feed or newsletter. If you have any questions regarding outdoor movies or Open Air Cinema, please ask!
.jpg)
This song about the tradition of outdoor movies in China is taken from www.bychinese.com, and offers an insight into the joy that open air cinema has brought to Chinese citizens for decades.
我家 楼下 的 空地 是 一个 电影院
Wǒjiā lóuxià de kòngdì shì yīge diànyǐngyuàn
There is a cinema on the square downstairs of my home
在 夏天 的 夜晚 它 不再 出现
Zài xiàtiān de yèwǎn tā búzài chūxiàn
It never shows up in summer‘s evenings
如今 的 孩子们 已 不 懂得 从前
Rújīn de háizimen yǐ bù dǒngdé cóngqián
The kids nowadays cannot understand that moment.
那时候 的 人们 陶醉 过 的 世界
Nàshíhou de rénmen táozuì guò de shìjiè
(The kids cannot understand) the world in which the people enjoyed that time.
我 长大 时 看着 他们 表演 着 爱情
Wǒ zhǎngdà shí kànzhe tāmen biǎoyǎn zhe àiqing.
When I grows up I watch them acting the love story.
当 他们 接吻 的 时候 我 感到 伤心
Dāng tāmen jiēwěn de shíhou wǒ gǎndào shāngxīn
I felt upset when I saw them kissing
在 银幕 的 下面 孩子们 做着 游戏
Zài yínmù de xiàmian háizimen zuòzhe yóuxì
The kids were playing games under the screen
在 电影 的 里面 有 人 为 她 哭泣
Zài diànyǐng de lǐmian yǒu rén wèi tā kūqì
There is someone crying for her in the movie.
城市 里 再 没有 露天 的 电影院
Chéngshì lǐ zài méiyǒu lùtiān de diànyǐngyuàn
There is no outdoor cinema anymore in the city
我 再也 看不到 银幕 的反面
Wǒ zàiyě kànbuúdào yínmù de fǎnmiàn
I can never see the back of the screen.
你 是不是 还在 做 那时 的 游戏
Nǐ shìbúshì háizài zuò nàshí de yóuxì
Are you still playing that old game?
看着 电影 的 时候 已 看不见 星星
Kànzhe diànyǐng de shíhou yǐ kànbújiàn xīngxing
I cannot see the stars when I‘m watching movies.




